It’s almost February! And do you know what that means? Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! And if you’re looking to whip up some sweet treats for your loved ones, I’ve got just the thing: Delicious strawberry cake mix cookies!
Why We Love Strawberry Cake Mix Cookie Recipe?
Today I’m sharing an easy cookie recipe you can make in 8-10 minutes! We love this strawberry cake mix cookies recipe, as it is a simple mix-and-bake recipe that only requires 5 simple ingredients. The best part is that you can play around with the recipe to make something of your choice. For instance, you can add some white chocolate chips or use different flavor cake mixes to tweak it a bit, according to the occasion.
I’m making these easy cookies for Valentine’s Day; therefore, the end result will be pink cookies. But you can also make lemon cake mix cookies, red velvet cake mix cookies, strawberry crinkle cookies, strawberry cheesecake cookies, funfetti cake mix cookies, or a mix of all to add some variety to your Valentine’s cookie tray.
These delicious cookies can be made for baby showers, potluck suppers, birthday parties, or just like that when you’re craving something sweet. Moreover, these easy strawberry cookies are a great way to do a gender reveal for baby girls!
How to Make Easy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies?
As I said, these strawberry cake cookies are so easy to make; you only need to mix the box of cake mix with eggs and vegetable oil in a large bowl to prepare the cookie dough. Next, you have to scoop the cookie dough balls, place them on parchment paper or a cookie sheet, and pop them in the oven for delicious strawberry flavor chewy cookies.
The icing part is simple and fun; you just have to use a piping bag to line the cookies with icing and add sprinkles as a final touch.
Ingredients for Delicious Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
The only ingredients required for these strawberry cake cookies are:
● Box of Strawberry Cake Mix: I’m using a 15.23 oz strawberry cake mix by Betty Crocker; however, you can also use Duncan Hines cake mix or any strawberry flavor cake mix.
● Vegetable Oil: I’m adding half a cup of vegetable oil to the cake mix. If you are out of vegetable oil, you can always use melted butter or coconut oil as a substitute.
● Eggs: We need 2 large eggs to add to the cake mix. But make sure that they are at room temperature before mixing them for smooth, lump-free cookie dough.
● Icing: I’m using store-bought vanilla icing for this easy cake mix cookie recipe; however, cream cheese icing or powdered sugar is also a good choice.
● Sprinkles: To add a fun and festive look to the strawberry cake mix cookies, I’m adding sprinkles on top of the cookies.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some useful tips and tricks to make the best cookies:
1. If you want your baked cookies to be soft and gooey on the inside and chewy on the outside, don’t overbake them. As soon as the pink color turns slightly brown, take them out of the oven, pronto!
2. If you want the cookies to be of the same shape and size, use a medium cookie scoop or a small ice cream scoop to scoop the cookie dough.
3. To make cleaning easier, use a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are some topping ideas for these strawberry mix cookies?
You can use rainbow sprinkles, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, nuts, vanilla icing, powdered sugar, or cream cheese icing for these cookies.
Q. Can we add glaze to the cookies?
Adding glaze to the cookies is a wonderful idea! To make the glaze, mix powdered sugar with lemon juice and chopped strawberries and blend until smooth and creamy.
Q. How to store the strawberry cake mix cookies?
You can store these strawberry cake cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Q. Can I freeze strawberry cake mix cookies?
Cool the cookies completely on a cooling rack or wire rack to freeze them. Then place them in a freezer bag and pop them in the freezer for up to a couple of weeks.
Strawberry cake mix cookies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Store-bought vanilla icing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop cookies onto the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes before placing them on a wire rack.
- Place the icing into a piping bag and pipe a few lines of icing on one side of the cookie. Add sprinkles and enjoy!