Is Twix candy bar your favorite? Have you always wished for the lovely chocolate caramel combo to come to life in cookie form? Well, look no further because I’ve got just the treat for you. Introducing Twix Thumbprint Cookies: an ooey-gooey, cocoa-infused dough with a generous dollop of gooey caramel and chopped Twix candy bar bits in every bite!
These buttery cookies are sure to be the life of any party – or your lunchbox!
Read on to learn how easy it is to make these irresistibly delicious treats.
Why Do We Love These Twix Thumbprint Cookies So Much?
I have stuffed my face with ridiculous amounts of cookies in my day, and let me tell you – these Twix cookies are in a class of their own. The combination of chewy caramel center and buttery cocoa dough make these cookies something truly special. And the mouthwatering chocolate drizzle makes it all the better.
Plus, they are incredibly easy to make and just begging to be shared with your friends and family. So, the next time you are looking for buttery shortbread cookies to add to your holiday cookie tray, Twix Thumbprint Cookies are the way to go!
Ingredients – What You Need
You’ll need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour for the base of your cookies. I use all-purpose flour because it gives the cookies a nice, fluffy texture. Plus, it’s so readily available, so yea…
To sweeten your Twix Thumbprint Cookies, you’ll need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. You can use either white or brown sugar, so feel free to play around with it.
Just a tad bit is enough, so take 1/4 teaspoon. Don’t add too much because your Twix bars already have a slight touch of saltiness to them.
These are the star of the show! Use 16 caramel candies and add a little extra for serving.
Milk chocolate chips pair best with Twix, so use 1/4 cup. If you prefer dark chocolate, go ahead and use that too.
What did you think you were making your caramel sauce with? Heavy cream, of course! Use three tablespoons of heavy cream for this recipe.
Use 2/3 cup of softened unsalted butter. It’s best if you do it at room temperature, but if you’re in a hurry, you can use the microwave to soften it.
Of course, my dearest, you’ll need some liquid goodness to make your cookies taste oh-so-delicious. Start with one teaspoon of vanilla extract and add more if you want. Not too much, though. It can give your cookies a bitter taste.
You will need coconut oil to help make the chocolate sauce smoother. Use 1/2 teaspoon of melted coconut oil and mix it in with your chocolate chips.
Tips for Baking Yummy Twix Thumbprint Cookies:
· Chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour; it’ll help maintain the shape of your cookies!
· Use a teaspoon to scoop the dough onto your baking sheet; it will keep them all equal in size
· If you don’t have caramels and heavy cream on hand, you can use store-bought caramel sauce instead.
· Chop up Twix candy bars and sprinkle them over the cookies for a little extra crunch.
· These shortbread cookies keep well in an airtight container, so you can enjoy them for up to one week!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Cookies Should I Make?
That depends on how generous you are feeling! A batch of this cookie dough makes about 20-25 cookies.
I Don’t Have Parchment Paper; What Can I Use?
Parchment paper is great for baking cookies, but don’t worry if you don’t have any. You can use a silicone baking mat or lightly grease your baking sheet with some butter or oil.
Can I Freeze These Cookies?
Absolutely! To freeze your shortbread cookies, place them in an airtight container or bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, let them thaw at room temperature.
That’s it! Now you know how to make yummy Twix Thumbprint Cookies. I hope you have as much fun making them as I did. Enjoy!
How to Bake Tasty Twix Thumbprint Cookies?
When you’re ready to bake these easy Twix cookies, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, cream unsalted butter with sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Now, stir in all-purpose flour and mix till you have a nice cookie dough ready to be ravished.
Next, use a cookie scoop to scoop out 1-inch balls of cookie dough. Roll them into round balls, and place them on your prepared cookie sheets.
Use the end of the wooden spoon handle to press a hole in the center of each cookie. Pop them in the oven and let them bake for 7-10 minutes, and cool on the wire rack.
Now, spoon the melted caramel into the holes in the cookies. Prepare your chocolate drizzle and go haywire with it. Sprinkle chopped Twix candy bars over the caramel and let it cool before serving.
Now, DIG RIGHT IN!
Twix thumbprint cookies
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 16 caramel candies
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the flour and mix well until a dough forms.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Scoop dough onto the lined baking sheet and use the handle of a wooden spoon to press a hole into the center – careful not to go all the way through the bottom of the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl melt the caramels and heavy cream in the microwave and stir until smooth, melt in 45 second increments stirring each time.
- Spoon the melted caramel into the holes in the cookies.
- In another small bowl melt the chocolate chip and coconut oil then stir until smooth, melt in 30 second increments stirring each time.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies.